Can I Wax At Home, Or Should I Go to A Professional Salon?
- While we offer at-home waxing kits, seeking professional services at a salon is advisable. Professionals have the expertise to ensure a smoother and less painful experience.
What should I do to prepare for a waxing session?
- Exfoliate the area 24 - 48 hours before your appointment to remove dead skin cells, prevent ingrown hairs, and properly prep the skin for service. Avoid applying oils on the day of your wax as it can interfere with the wax adhesion. We also recommend hydrating your skin prior to your service to assist with the prevention of ingrown and hair breakage.
Is Waxing Safe For All Skin Types?
- Waxing is safe for all skin types, but individuals with sensitive skin can opt for a hypoallergenic wax! Always inform your waxing professional of any skin conditions or allergies before your session.
Can I Wax During My Menstrual Cycle?
- Absolutely! You just need to use a tampon, cup, or disc to receive the service. You may be more sensitive while getting waxed on your period, so be sure to take an ibuprofen about 30 minutes before your service. If you're not comfortable with getting waxed while on your period, all you have to do is reschedule with your waxer! Some women find waxing uncomfortable during menstruation due to heightened sensitivity so be sure to communicate your preferences with your waxing technician.
Will Waxing Cause Ingrown Hairs?
- While there is a risk of ingrown hairs with any hair removal method, proper exfoliation before and after waxing helps minimize it. Regular exfoliation promotes healthy, glowy skin and reduces the likelihood of ingrown hairs! It’s also important to note that dehydrated and dry skin can cause hair to become brittle, making it more prone to breakage when waxed. This in turn results in ingrown hairs and bacteria growth that leads to acne. That’s why it’s so important to hydrate your skin daily!
To learn more, check out: Ingrown Hairs after Waxing
Can I Wax If I'm Pregnant?
- Waxing is considered safe during pregnancy, but some may experience heightened sensitivity. It’s essential to inform your waxing professional about your pregnancy for a comfortable experience.
How Do I Soothe My Skin Post-Waxing?
- After your session, we always recommend post-wax care. Avoiding working out, saunas, steam, tight clothing, and sexual activity for at least 24 hours after your wax is proven to prevent irritation. To learn more about how to care for your skin after waxing, read: How to care for skin after waxing
What’s the Best Wax to Use for Hair Removal?
- This of course will ultimately come down to your personal preference and what you find helps you wax the most effectively. Starpil Wax offers a wide range of premium waxing products that will allow you to wax flawlessly. Try one best-selling products and discover why estheticians all over the world trust Starpil.
We hope to empower you with the knowledge needed for a successful and comfortable waxing journey. Whether you're a waxing veteran or a first-timer, embracing the right practices ensures a positive experience and silky-smooth results.