What You Need to Know About Your Standard Hard Wax Warmer
Starpil Wax products are created for licensed estheticians but to become a pro, you have to start from the beginning. You don’t just become a pro overnight unless you’re bionic! For all the brand new esthies out there that just began their journey in the world of wax, we applaud you and know that Starpil is here to guide you every step of the way. After all, we are an informative brand with a fun twist so don’t you forget that!
Listen, to be a successful beautician you must have knowledge in all things beauty, nature, and art. In this industry the more you know, the creative you are, the better! FACT! If you don’t know how to use something, or you think you know but the results say otherwise, it’s time to stop blaming the wax and figure out how to get the results you want. With that being said, let’s take it back a notch.
- To carry out a flawless waxing salon experience you must know how to use your Standard Professional Hard Wax Warmer properly. This is actually where a lot of new esthies hiccup and tend to throw shade at the wax or the warmer when the real issue is improper use. We hear you and we are going to help you understand how to use your professional wax warmer so you are prepared but let’s get one thing straight, it’s not the wax, it’s you. #wecreatequalityproducts
With that being said, let’s go through the steps to make sure you’re doing everything correctly with your hair removal wax warmer so your waxing sessions are successful.
First, turn your standard 1lb professional wax warmer on and set it to a temperature of 105°C (which turns the wax to liquid form) and then fill your professional wax pots (within your Starpil wax heater) with our hard wax beads or tablets. Once your wax is fully and evenly melted, turn it back down to a maintenance temperature dependent on the wax formula that you are using.
Your waxing experience is measured by the quantity and type of wax that is used - your melting wait time, as well as your wax experience, is all determined by those factors. Here a few examples of products & size options that are most common with our hard waxes-
- Hard Wax Film Beads:
- HALF POT — after setting the temperature to 65C, wait 15-20 minutes after heating to use wax.
- FULL POT — after setting the temperature to 70-75C, wait 20-25 minutes after heating to use wax.
- Hard Wax Tablets:
- HALF POT — after setting the temperature to 70C, wait 25-30 minutes after heating to use wax.
- FULL POT — after setting the temperature to 75C, wait 30-35 minutes after heating to use wax.
Temperature is key when waxing within the Starpil wax heater as well as outside the popular hair removal wax warmer. If your wax is too hot or too cold at any given moment it can throw off your entire waxing experience meaning you need to factor in the temperature of your waxing facility as well. If your AC is bumping, this affects your wax so you have to turn up that knob up to make sure the wax is consistent at all times.
Even though we can provide you with the right settings and guide you with the correct steps, it's up to you to truly understand your warmer. Please take into account your surroundings, the amount of wax, the type of wax, and the temperatures you use every time you have a wax session. This will help you with knowing if you are using the Starpil Standard professional wax warmer properly and to its full intended ability. Your results should completely strip the hair from the core without wax strip breakage and leave the skin looking smoother than ever. If the wax isn’t doing that, it’s time to rotate that Fahrenheit dial on your Starpil Salon wax warmer to get the results you’re supposed to get.