Original Blend vs Film Hard Wax
If you want to talk about the most popular way to wax, you’d be talking about stripless hard wax. It all started when non-polymer hard wax tablets came on the scene around a long time ago. It quickly surpassed soft wax as an esthie favorite because you didn’t need a non-woven strip for removal, and it was gentler on skin. Hard wax was a game-changer, but when polymer film hard wax came on the scene, all bets were off. Soft wax is still a strong contender in the waxing game, but we’re here to focus on Original Blend Wax vs Film Hard Wax. In this article, we break down the two hard wax formulas and show the world who’s boss—spoiler alert, it’s both of them, and we’re going to tell you why.
Original Blend Hard Wax, a smooth and crystal-creamy stripless hard wax
that brought it from the beginning. Original Blend Non-Polymer Hard Wax is a hydrating professional hard wax used on thick, coarse hair and male body waxing. Original comes in wax tablets and is known among speed waxers as their go-to because of how quickly it sets. A polymer is a resin embedded in a film hard wax; Original doesn’t have any of that, so it’s most effective on smaller areas. But let me tell you—it will get that hair out by the root. Our Original Blend Hard Non-Polymer Wax comes in six different formulations, each with unique ingredients, benefits, and uses.
All the fun things Original Blend Hard Wax does:
- Hydrates dry skin
- Pulls out hairs as short as 1mm
- Come in tablet form
So back to polymers, which are made up of large molecules of plastics and resins. When you blend these bad boys into a hard wax formula, it creates a “film” (hence the name polymer film hard wax). The film melts down, then cools and hardens around hairs to pull them from the root without sticking to the skin. This obvs makes skin happy because it gives off less irritation, hair breakage and adds more cohesiveness to an area. Starpil Film Hard Wax Collections use different polymers to achieve a variety of results for your clients’ individual needs.
Polymer film hard wax gives you a lot of flexibility and room to spread. It cools quickly but remains pliable, so it doesn’t crack or break when removed. It’s excellent for every service and all hair and skin types. This wax formula comes in three distinct lines and is available in polymer hard wax beads (though our Blue Film Hard Wax and Coral Film Hard Wax are also available in tablets).
All the fun things Polymer Film Hard Wax does:
- Doesn’t stick to skin
- Can be applied at a low-low temperature
- Pulls hair from the root for delayed growth
- Comes in multiple formulas to meet a variety of needs
- Available in hard wax beans and wax tablets
THE CASE FOR HAVING MULTIPLE STRIPLESS WAX FORMULAS
When you have a full client roster, or even if you’re just starting out, having and mastering different stripless wax formulas can benefit you in more ways than one. Starpil has 12 formulas of professional hard wax to choose from to meet any given need, so you wouldn’t have to try any other brand, but even if you did, we would still stand by the idea that having multiple waxes benefits you considerable. Here’s why.
Having and Mastering Multiple Wax Types Does the Following:
- Expands your product knowledge.
- Continually cultivates new hard wax techniques
- Allows you to tailor services to clients’ specific needs.
- Increases your talking points to position you as a wax authority, increase sales, and future bookings.
- Enhances the client experience.
- Keeps things interesting and challenging.
READ: HOW TO CALCULATE ROI FOR YOUR WAXING BUSINESS
THERE IS A WAX FOR THAT
With so many film hard wax formulas, we can understand that it might be challenging to know which one to choose, but we say choose all of them or a few that will match the majority of your clients’ needs. Starpil Original Blend Formulas are your choice for a quick set and men’s waxing, but our film hard wax formulas have a lot going for them too, so, here is a breakdown of each film hard wax, it’s optimal application temperature, and how it’s best used.
READ: WHAT IS CALENDULA
There is only one way to know which hard wax is going to work best for you on a particular service, skin or hair type; try them all yourself. Don’t just use it once, get to know each formula and how it works for each service and on each client. Use the correct application temperature and mind your consistency, and you can master any striplless film hard wax.
For anything and EVERYTHING hard wax, BE A PART OF THE #STARPILFAM!
- To get The Waxopolitan in your inbox, subscribe here for all the fun!
- Join other professional #starpilfam members in The World of Waxing, our Facebook Group. (Have your license ready).
- Get all the Starpil hook-ups with Esthie Bucks for rewards on your favorite waxing products.
- Follow us on Instagram @starpilwaxUSA for all of the up-to-the-minute waxing trends, Starpil news, and earn free Esthie Bucks.
- Call us at 1-866-972-2999 or live chat with a Starpil representative from 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM EST.
- Email us at email@example.com and put PAM REQUEST in the subject line or contact us here.